Bandit Fight: Black Hat SEO Vs White Hat SEO
When we talk about web positioning, we have to mention two figures that have acquired a lot of fame in the last year: Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO. They are two styles that position differently and that define a lot the person who uses one or the other. Both work differently, so we are going to explain how they work so that later you can decide which one you want to use.
On the one hand, Black Hat SEO refers to the set of decisions that are far from ethical and moral, but that serve to meet the objectives set: to climb positions in search engines. The main characteristic of Black Hat SEO is that decisions that conform to this style are punishable, that is, punishable. Depending on the action, the sanction will be one or the other.
On the contrary, White Hat SEO refers to the set of ethical and moral techniques that are well received by search engines. They are more difficult to carry out due to the complexity they have, but the ones that are going to work best in the long term. Search engines do not sanction this style and its objectives are various, not only looking for a better position.
The difference between the two styles is choosing the short way or the long way; for the short, you arrive earlier, but it is more complicated; for the long, you arrive later, but you do not find any problems.
Techniques of each style
The most used practices to perform Black Hat SEO are:
- Excess of keywords. This practice is summarized by inputting the keywords in each element of the web page: titles, H1 paragraphs, links, goals, etc.
- Hide links. Lately, it is not practiced, but it consists of putting the text of the same color of the background (of the bottom of the web), hiding it for the user, but not for Google.
- Copy-Paste. You do not need to define it much, basically, it is about copying and pasting the content on your blog, when it belongs to a different web page.
- One of the most used techniques is to copy a website that is in a good position, making the search engine believe that the copy is original. The result is to increase the rankings fraudulently.
The most used practices to perform White Hat SEO are:
- Create your own content. There is not much to explain here, create content from scratch, genuinely.
- Use the appropriate labels. This practice should be done without overloading the elements of the web because by doing so, we would incur a Blach Hat SEO technique.
- Insert content with your source. In the case of videos or images, the author’s sources must be cited correctly, otherwise, we would be doing Black Hat SEO.
- Use the right keywords. We will only position the content with keywords that refer to the content of our posts, we do not want SPAM, or relate content to something that has nothing to do with it.
It could be summarized in that the Black Hat is the method that makes you climb positions faster but taking fraudulent actions. On the other hand, White Hat SEO is the most reliable and secure method, but not as effective in the short term. All serious SEO positioning agencies advise against Black Hat because of the penalties that its practice brings with it and because of the unethical techniques.
If I had to advise you of one of the two, I would advise you White Hat SEO in addition to reading and reading about web positioning.