Ads and online advertising are one of the elements of Digital Marketing that you must learn due to its constant growth and changes in the platforms that contain a varied number of types of ads.
Ads through various segmentation options, keywords, and data allow you to take actions so that customers see your brand, know what you offer with your products or services so that they take action that you have planned.
With the various advertisements on the internet, you can obtain a greater number of sales, traffic to the web, provide notoriety and visibility to your company, retain customers, and measure the Return on Investment.
Table of Contents
- 1 Advantages of Internet Advertising
- 2 Types of Ads and Advertising in Digital Marketing
- 3 Social Ads
- 4 You need to create your ads, but what is Google Adwords?
- 5 Conclusions
What is an advertisement?
An advertisement is a short-term visual, auditory or audiovisual medium that conveys a message. Generally, an ad is focused on an idea for advertising purposes.
Among the most relevant characteristics is that it must be efficient and must persuade and influence people’s behaviors.
Objectives of Advertising Advertisements on the Internet
- Publicize a product, so that people know that it exists.
- Greater number of sales and traffic to your website
- Multiply brand visibility and notoriety
- Enter new markets
- Loyalty Customers
- Persuade to change attitudes of use, change perceptions about the characteristics of the brand, change beliefs about the brand and reinforce loyalty.
Advantages of Internet Advertising
- It allows publicizing our brand, company, or product.
- Low cost compared to traditional advertising.
- Ads on social media and the internet are easy to design and implement.
- Allows comprehensive measurement of results.
- They are flexible as it allows you to change the type of ad or the medium easily.
Online Advertising Formats
- Native Advertising: it is integrated into the content where it is published without causing an interruption in navigation.
- Email Marketing: through databases with different segmentations
- Social Ads: they have millions of users and allow you to segment your target audience.
- Display: advertising element on the web, portal, blog, and more. Later we will explain all the types of ads that you can use in Digital Marketing
- Mobile Ads
Types of Ads and Advertising in Digital Marketing
1. Ads Banners
They are static image and/or animated image ads. They usually appear at the top side, or footer of web pages.
2. Pop Ads
They are those that appear in pop-up windows and are activated automatically when the user browses the page or interacts with elements.
3. Popunder Ads
They are those that appear in parallel windows and are hidden behind the main browser window. They are considered less invasive.
4. Email Marketing
It consists of sending advertising messages through e-mail. The formats are multiple and varied.
5. Search Ads
Do you want users to find you on Google? Search ads are those that appear with Google search results when the user searches for a product and/or service.
It will be paid when the user clicks on your ad to go to your website or calls your company.
This is one of the ads most used by advertisers, as they seek to get clicks and conversions.
6. Display Ads
If you want to reach customers who use applications or the web on any device, this is the type of ad you should implement. According to Google, Google Adwords Display Ads appear on more than 2,000,000 websites and in more than 650,000 applications.
This type of ad will allow you to show the ad where your audience is.
Display Ad Types
- Text: include title, two lines of text, and URL. They are easy to set up and adapt easily.
- Gmail – Displays personalized ads for users to save, forward, or expand in their inbox.
- Banner: allows you to include custom designs, interactive elements, animations, among other elements
- App – Designed to create a mobile app campaign or to track ad performance.
The Google Display Network reaches 90% of internet users worldwide – Google Adwords
7. Video Ads
Video ads are only shown to users you want, paying when they see it.
It should be noted that any video to YouTube can become an ad, that’s why we share with you some types of video ads that you can make on this platform:
- TrueView In-Stream Ads are those that are reproduced in videos that are published on YouTube or other sites. It stands out because viewers can choose to skip the video ad after 5 seconds. By not skipping the ad, the number of views of the video on this platform increases after 30 seconds recorded, or when you interact with the video.
- TrueView Video Discovery Ads: These ads can run on results pages and replay pages. Its structure consists of a thumbnail image and three lines of text. Clicking user is directed to a playback page or YouTube channel.
- Text overlay ad: when you set up a text ad in a display campaign, assigning Youtube as location, so the text ad will appear within the reproduction of the videos by 20% at the bottom of them.
- Bumper Ads: they differ from the others by being shorter, with a maximum of 6 seconds and can be before during or after the video you play. It should be noted that these cannot be skipped or omitted.
The number of advertisers posting promotional videos on YouTube grows an average of 40% each year.
8. Shopping Ads
The Shopping ad is a type of ad that shows information about specific products that you sell, that is, they are campaigns that put images, price, and a link to a product store in view of users when they search on Google.
9. Remarketing Ads
You can use text, image, and video ads from Google Adwords, Facebook ads with custom audiences, and Twitter with a custom listing.
Remarketing consists of showing the ad to those people who have already visited your website. Read more +
10. Adaptive Ads
They are those that adjust their size, appearance, and format automatically to adapt to the advertising spaces that are available. Plus, they fit into any space on the Display network.
11. Mobile advertising
Advertising has been targeted to mobiles with more relevance to reach where users are. To carry out this type of advertising, you must consider user behavior on mobile devices, since they differ from behavior on a computer.
12. Advertising on Facebook
They are those visible in the news feed or on the side. This platform stands out from others for the segmentation filters that have very specific ones, so if you have established your target audience, you will get great results.
You can use remarketing advertising to reach users who have visited your website but are not Page fans.
For an advertisement to be successful it is important that the images have excellent publicity, that it is relevant, it must include an enticing value proposition and include a clear call to action.
Recommendation: run video campaigns that get more interactions than other formats.
13. Advertising on Twitter
It also has segmentation filters by users and by television (those that interact content related to television programs)
You can create several Twitter Cards by combining images, texts, calls to action, and colors in the same campaign.
14. Advertising on Instagram
Continuing with their work on Facebook, they have incorporated advertising on Instagram to reach your community.
15. Advertising on LinkedIn
They are some of the most expensive ads compared to other social platforms. They can be customized and choose to promote the best content that you have published on your company page.
16. Advertising by reservation on YouTube
They are special campaigns that work by reservation. These consist of hiring a banner called “Masthead” for one day (24 hours).
This banner is displayed on the main YouTube page and requires more budgets since they can be paid for impressions or for a fixed cost per day CPD.
Other video ads
Large companies have privileges to implement other types of advertisements such as:
- Masthead: it is located at the head of YouTube, being one of the most demanded and expensive spaces because it is one of the ads that receive the most views. You can include text, links, and videos.
Its operation is different since it is reserved with a Cost per Day (CPD) bid
- Expandable Masthead: it differs from the previous one since the user can extend the ad wide.
- The Masthead lite: it ‘s the same but in a reduced version.
- Masthead Video: a video is automatically played at the top for 30 seconds. It is the only one seen in a mobile version.
You need to create your ads, but what is Google Adwords?
It is a free online advertising application to create ads to reach more users at the right time. You can use this tool to promote your business, sell products and services, and increase traffic to your website.
Among its advantages we find:
- It allows you to attract more customers, increase online sales, make a call to action.
- You can target your ads locally or globally, that is, in countries, regions or cities.
- Users find you and connect with them at the right time.
- You can manage the campaign yourself.
- You pay for results: you will only be charged when a user clicks on your ad to visit the web or make a call to action.
- You choose the budget according to what you want to achieve.
The format in this type of campaign is the text ad made up of:
- 25 character title
- Visible URL to display the domain
- Two descriptive lines of 35 characters each.
- Ad extensions can be added to make it bigger
Other Tools to create your Ads
Keyword Planner: a free Adwords tool that allows you to discover ideas for keywords that you can use in your campaigns. It also allows you to see the performance of a list of keywords and help you choose competitive offers and budgets for your campaigns.
Display network planner: it is a tool that allows you to discover new ways to reach your audience by creating campaigns with segmentation ideas and the forecasts that this tool offers. Generate ideas based on a landing page or the interest of your customers, as well as statistical estimates so that you can better plan your campaign on the Display network.
Online Banner Makers: as platforms that allow you to edit your banners, with a range of free and paid templates, and a wide variety of sizes to create banners tailored to your needs. Some of the best known are Bannersnack and Canva
Power Editor: It is a Facebook advertising tool intended for large advertisers to create campaigns and advertisements.
If you want to advertise your ads through Google, it’s time to dive into the World of Google Advertising
Some Considerations for Buying Banner Ads
- Invest little by little until you get more experience. In this way, you will adjust the budget of each campaign with low-cost prices.
- Immediate campaigns with specific dates are usually more effective.
- Study your target audience and create your Buyer Person, so that segmentation is a success.
If you want to know more about the supported sizes to make ads, Click Here
Online advertising campaigns are measurable.
Ads allow us to establish the specific characteristics of the users to whom we want to direct the advertising.
They have a lower cost: it generates less physical and professional expenses, being cheaper and generating higher ROI.
Online ads are more attractive, smart and interactive.
We can assign the budget we want, and choose between various forms of payment or carry out auctions by establishing amounts within our budget.
Some types of ads are responsive to mobile devices, allowing us to reach more people.